- This page contains pictures and information about Shield Bugs in Tribe Diemenini & Menidini
that we found in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- The Tribe Diemenini & Menidini are close related and we put them in
this page. They are small to medium in size. The antenna are four or five
segmented. The juga sometimes surpass the apex of the
Tribe Diemenini, Genera Oncocoris
Brown Shield Bug
Oncocoris apicalis, body length 10mm
This little stink bugs are Redish- brown in colour. The photos were taken
in Anstead Forest on Oct 2009. We saw this bug only once. Please check this page
for more information.
Tribe Menidini, Genera Aspideurus
- There are two Australian species in this Genera. We found the Brisbane
species. The other species A. quadrimaculatus is in NE Queensland.
- Yellow Brown Stink bug
- Aspideurus flavescens, body length 12mm
- This bug has yellow patches on brown colour. The Scutellum is enlarged
and in U-shaped. We have more information in this page.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 508.
- 2. Plant-feeding and Other Bugs (Hemiptera) of South Australia. Heteroptera – Part II - by Gordon F. Gross, South Australian Government Printer, Adelaide,
Back to top
[ Up ] [ Tribe Antestini ] [ Tribe Halyini ] [ Tribe Carpocorini & Agonoscelidini ] [ Tribe Diemenini & Menidini ] [ Tribe Nezarini ] [ Tribe Rhynchocorini ] [ Others ]