- A predatory stink bug feeding a butterfly caterpillar
- As all living-things, insects' behaviors are governed by the following
- 1. to be found by mates, not by
- 2. to eat and avoid being eaten, to minimize the
risk of being preyed upon.
- The daily life of an insect can be summarized as follows;
- 1. All insects are doing their best to
escape from their predators,
- 2. Looking for food,
as a larva to collect protein to grow, as
an adult to collect hydrocarbon for energy and protein to lay eggs.
- 3. As an adult, reproduction
is their major concern. Besides looking for food, they look for
mate, look for suitable places to lay eggs.
- The following pages are the discussions on those dilemmas;
[ Insects as Prey ] [ Insects as Predators ] [ Insects and Plants ] [ Escape strategy ] [ Caterpillar Escape ] [ Mole Cricket Song ] [ Cow Pea Aphids ] [ Feigning Death Behaviour ] [ Eucalyptus Leaf Beetle ] [ Insects Migration ] [ Attended by Ants ]