Banded Pupa Parasite Wasp 1 - Gotra sp.
This page contains pictures and information about Banded Pupa parasite
Wasps that we found in the Brisbane area, Queensland, Australia.
- Body length 15mm, male
- The wasp has white band on the antenna. Its body is black with white dots on
thorax and white-banded abdomen. The legs are orange-brown in colours.
- As most other wasps in subfamily Phygadeuontinae,
The larvae are external parasites of pupae of moths.
- 1. Insects
of Australia, CSIRO, Division of Entomology, Melbourne University
Press, 2nd Edition 1991, pp 945.
- 2. An introduction to the Ichneumonidae of Australia - Gauld, I.D. 1984,
British Museum, page 158.
- 3. A
field guide to insects in Australia - By Paul Zborowski and Ross
Storey, Reed New Holland, 1996, p183.
- 4. Insects of Australia - By George Hangay & Pavel
German, Reed New Holland 2000, p117.
- 5. Wasps
- family Ichneumonidae - lifeunseen.com, by Nick Monaghan.
[ Up ] [ Yellow-banded Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Orchid Dupe Wasp ] [ Case Moth Larvae Parasite Wasp ] [ Orange Caterpillar Parasite Wasp ] [ Banded Pupa Parasite Wasp 1 ] [ Banded Pupa parasite Wasp 2 ] [ Black and White-striped Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Black Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Brown Ichneumon Wasp ] [ Orange Pupa Parasite Wasp ] [ Two-toned Caterpillar Parasite Wasp ] [ Hover Fly Larvae Parasite Wasps ]